Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hello guys..



Hi, it's Pavla, that is short for Pavlina Perry.

I am Czech born photographer & graphic design student at NJCU, living a short distance from New York city. Traveling thorough out different countries opened my mind and significantly changed my focus of work. My work mainly documents social issues such as project City Life or ongoing project Immigrants in the United States. But I also shoot weddings and other events.
I love what I do.

My work was published many times in the College UCC News paper and Art Magazine
"The Foreign Voice". I also had cover and spread in the Journal of Scholarship at NJCU "Transformation" (spring 2010). To see my clients happy gives me great feeling of satisfaction and happiness.

I love both, photography & typography. To me it's all game with composition, color and positive/negative space. I would say, that I spend the same time front of the Mac like behind my lens. I like this combination. My alternative goal is to make a good living from Documentary or Graphic Design, work on issues which matter and can change people view.
I look up to the war photographer like James Nachtway but I am also inspired by street photographer Bruce Davidson and many other like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment